All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
Disneyland never grows old. The sayings “Always young at heart” and “Never lose your childlike wonder” is apt in an enchanting place like Disneyland.
It’s true when they say that Disneyland is the happiest place on Earth. It is an escape from the bustling city lifestyle, or that 9-6 job, and all the stress and worries stemming from it. It gives you the chance to feel like a child again. Especially for those who grew up watching Disney movies, it is nostalgic to see the characters come to life before your eyes.
Recently, I had the opportunity to go to Hong Kong Disneyland with Klook travel and I had a magical time with my best friends there. Although I’ve been to Disneyland several times, and in different countries, it is still as enthralling as ever.
Read on for more about my experience going to Disneyland with Klook, as well as dibs on the latest additions to the theme park and a special PROMO CODE for my readers at the end.
1. HK Disneyland is the first to have a marvel-themed ride: The Iron Man Experience
One of HK Disneyland’s latest attraction is the Iron Man Experience, where you get to meet-and-greet with Iron Man himself and even participate in an adrenalin-pumping virtual reality game to save Hong Kong. You will also get to shop for collectibles at the Expo Shop and feast on Iron Man-themed F&B choices in the park and hotel.
2. Limited time only: Marvel Super Hero Summer
From June 14 to September 3, there is a Marvel Superhero Summer pop-up event that features the various Marvel superheroes, such as Captain America, Spiderman and Iron Man. For this period, there are exclusive Marvel-themed merchandise for you to shop for, and Marvel-inspired snacks for you to indulge in. More reasons to visit Disneyland before it’s gone!
SPECIAL PROMOTION CODE: Here’s an exclusive limited time promo for you! Book a pair of tickets via Klook and get S$10 off with the code <HKDISNEY10>, valid till 31 Aug 2017.
3. Go on thrilling rides
Calling all adrenaline junkies! Look out for Grizzly Gulch and HyperSpace Mountain, two thrilling rides at Hong Kong Disneyland. The new HyperSpace Mountain is a Star Wars-themed seasonal overlay and a reinvent from the classic Space Mountain ride. It is now even more exciting than ever, almost like an epic scene right out of a Star Wars movie!
4. Eat Disney-themed food
Feast to your hearts’ content at Disneyland. From Mickey sushi, pizza, ice cream and waffles, there are plenty of Disney-themed F&B options for you. Enjoy even more dining savings by purchasing this meal voucher that gets you one meal and beverage!
5. Stay at a Disneyland Hotel
There are 3 Disney Hotels till date: the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel, Disney’s Hollywood Hotel and Disney Explorer’s Lodge. We had a lovely stay at Hong Kong Disneyland hotel – the rooms are elegant, comfortable and service is outstanding. Some of the highlights include having breakfast with Disney Characters and dining at Crystal Lotus Restaurant. It was also a bonus that we could head back to our rooms to rest right after a long day at the park.
6. Check out the latest Disney Hotel – Disney Explorers Lodge
The attention-to-detail in the design of Disney Explorer’s Lodge is amazing. The overall ambience is one of warmth, earthy patterns, and dark timbers. They also have obscure Mickeys around for you to play ‘Spot the Hidden Mickey’! Rooms are elegant and inspired by the hotel’s four unique themes, with some rooms overlooking the ocean. Those who love collecting Disney memorabilia have to check out their Disney store for an incredible selection of merchandise unique to this hotel.
7. See one of the most mesmerising fireworks displays
A trip to Disneyland is not complete without seeing the incredible fireworks display, Disney in the Stars. It is undoubtedly the best way to end a wonderful day at the park. Tip: Head there at least 30 minutes before the starting time to snag the best view.
8. Plenty of photo opportunities
There are plenty of photo opportunities for the ‘Gram. From the iconic Disney castle to dreamy carousels, there are no lack of photo opportunities for you to go trigger happy with your best pals. Battling the crowds and waiting for that perfect capture is worth it!
9. Skip the lines and enjoy the best ticket prices with KLOOK (Special Promo code)
My experience at Disneyland was made even more awesome with Klook. I was able to purchase the tickets at a cheaper price, receive instant confirmation and best of all? SKIP THE LINES! All I had to do was to scan my QR code at the park entrance for entry, and it was an instant fastpass at certain attractions. For more convenience, book transfers to Hong Kong Disneyland.
SPECIAL PROMOTION CODE: For those planning to go to Hong Kong Disneyland, here’s an exclusive limited time promo for you! Book a pair of tickets via Klook and get S$10 off with the code <HKDISNEYLAND>. Extra perks include skipping the queues with mobile e-vouchers, fast pass, and instant confirmation! Definitely a fuss-free booking experience I’d highly recommend.
- Via MTR: You can get to Hong Kong Disneyland Resort via MTR (Sunny Bay Station). It is a 30-minute ride from the following MTR stations: Hong Kong International Airport Station (transfer at Tsing Yi Station and transfer to Sunny Bay Station), Kowloon Station and Hong Kong Station.
- Getting around is easy with the Octopus Travelcard, which is a reloadable value card. The stored value in the card can be used for transport and small purchases, such as food and convenience items. Purchasing it from here includes HKD50 stored value, and furthermore it’s a souvenir card different from the typical Octopus Card. Tip: Pick up the Tourist Octopus Card from the Hong Kong International Airport to start using it immediately.
- For utmost convenience, book transfers to Hong Kong Disneyland.
- If you are traveling in a group, consider booking a convenient car transfer to get from the airport to the resort directly. Our driver contacted us 2 hrs before pick-up time. Tip: Utilise the WiFi at the Airport to contact the driver via Whatsapp or WeChat.
WATCH THE VIDEO
Posted by Klook on Monday, July 24, 2017